- Job Id
- Job Type
- Regular, Full time
- 4400 A Industry Drive E.
Tacoma, WA 98421
- 43 days ago
L&W Supply is a leading specialty distributor of drywall, ceiling tiles, steel framing and other building materials used by commercial and residential contractors. L&W Supply delivers the products and capabilities offered by a national distributor paired with the service and personal touch usually found only in a locally owned business.
If you are a dependable and personable individual who is looking for a rewarding career with an established company, we want to hear from you! The Helper / Stocker provides delivery support to the L&W Supply branch location. In this role, you will assist with the safe and accurate handling of material from the warehouse to the delivery location.
Specific duties may include:
- Following all applicable safety rules and procedures
- Accurately distribute and place all specified building materials as indicated on the order ticket
- Examines and records all material transported to and/or from the delivery site
- Verifies and records the quantity and type of building materials being handled
- Responsible for having the delivered product neatly placed and appearing as orderly and presentable as possible
- Cleaning up debris created by the delivery process and properly disposing of it before leaving the delivery site
- Operating a forklift safely and efficiently and being able to handle heavy and awkward loads
- Responsibilities may include assisting with delivery of materials to customers or jobsites and delivery functions including unloading and staging of product at jobsites as assigned
Specific qualifications include:
- Knowledge in applicable building material products is preferred
- Ability to unload, transport and position all building materials as required
- Ability to follow all safe and applicable methods of transporting material from the delivery vehicle, by way of stairways, elevators and boom operations
- Ability to be trained and licensed/certified by L&W Supply to operate forklift equipment
- Ability to stand, climb, reach, bend, and twist throughout complete shift
- Ability to consistently lift and carry 250 lbs with assistance
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage - eligible after 60 days, low out of pocket
- 401(k) with generous company match - eligible after 60 days, immediately vested
- Employer paid employee assistance program
- Employer paid short term and long term disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
Pay Rate Information
$20 - 24 per hour. Based on experience & qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
ABC Supply values diversity and we actively encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply.